Saturday, April 2, 2011

A day to finish projects

I have had a super-busy week with packing orders (that's a good thing!), paperwork for 4 people (2 moms, us, & John's brother), and mom. After a day of mom-overload at the doc & monthly grocery shopping, I needed to get in the Happy Place. It's amazing how I can feel myself start to unwind as soon as I start moving things around in there. I felt the need to get things cleaned up in there so before I could do that, I had to finish up some projects......

This is a recipe/memo/photo holder from Unique Pages. It comes as a plain, brown, VERY thick chipboard with hardware to make a stand & attaching the clip. I found this gorgeous paper in a DCWV paper pad. You probably can't see it, but there are some clear embossed areas on the paper. I got to use my new fake Dremel to sand around the edges & remove excess paper. SOOOO much easier than a sanding block! This is a little birthday gift for a friend on Sunday......shhhhhh....don't tell!



I'm so loving making these She Girls from Christy Tomlinson's She Art workshop. They are just so much stinkin' fun!! Since I really don't have the room for canvases, I decided to get a Strathmore Art Journal notebook (thanks Marlene!). This way I can keep creating, keep them all in one place, and no worries about excess wall decor. This girl was a different take on the usual one----I painted her body instead of using paper. I added some water-soluable crayons and gelato stick to add some texture to the dress. The rest of it was done just like a regular She Art project. But I love this one for some reasno---not sure why, but I do!



This is the front of my latest wedding album custom order. This particular one has a page for just about every event in a wedding. From getting ready to the "something borrowed, something blue" to the couple driving away. I can't wait to get it in the mail & see how she likes it! I might have another order for an album done in brown & cream with touches of orange. I hope she places the order cuz it'll be fun to do one that's different than the usual black & white!



And, last but not least, I had som extra rhinestones..........figured I would bling out my flip-flops! Of course, they only cost me $5 and the individual gems are probably at least $19......but I think they're super cute! :)



Hopefully I can get some pages done in my journal over the next couple days. But first, it's the dentist with mom, a massage for me, and my friend Lisa from IL is coming in Wednesday night!




3 comments:

  1. Love the paper on the recipe holder! Great job with your next girl! your backgrounds are always so fabulous and you are getting more adventurous with your "she's". Cannot wait to see the whole book full of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...Love the blingie bling on the flippie floppiez...
    I really love the recipe holder too...its way cool.
    Your doing some very awesome stuff on your She Art canvas'... I've been in a funk...gonna pull myself out of it though and get something done this week hopefully.
    I see Marlene's comment...your making a book of girls? do tell??? I thought about gettin the 6x12 canvas book and doing that but haven't made up my mind.
    Talk to you soon woman!!!
    x0x0x
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  3. never mind my question about the book...Im a dork!!!! I just re-read your post and it's right there like A BIG RED TRUCK!!! lol...go me!!!
    Ill talk to you later
    x0
    M

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews