Sunday, December 5, 2010

Escape to the Fanciful


Yesterday my friends Marlene & Angie & I took a fabulous class at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale. Michael Putnam & his wife Lesley (of Jack and Cat Curio) put on a Fanciful Curio class that was so much fun!! It's always a treat to see them and play with their new ideas & it had been awhile since I've been to a class.

We started the class by making our resin pendant (the silver frame in the middle of the "roof"). I've never used resin before and it was much easier than I expected. It didn't smell too bad (LOL) and they used a cool UV drier like at the nail place. :)  It took time but with lots of little layers, it was really easy.

Then we got to use Sculpty clay to make a house for the background base. We stamped in it first then used our fingers to add Perfect Pearls to our own taste. I did a few rich colors like rust, gold, and deep orange and then trimmed it with a fun teal color.

Mike & Lesley gave us some old, brittle dictionary pages to put all around the frame that we then distressed with Distress Ink and added a little white paint. The inside frame we used Tim Holtz tissue tape before we distressed it, too.  Then it was a matter of putting everything together. We got lots of goodies in our packages but I also wanted to add some of my own things so I finished mine at home.

When I got home, I used some Tattered Angels glimmer mist on some of the new Tim Holtz ribbon roses---thsoe were added at the end to fill in some empty spaces. Other than that, it was just looking for pieces and parts and finding the perfect spot for them.

Thanks so much to Debbie (store owner) & Mike & Lesley---we had a great time & my friend Angie learned so many new things!!


1 comment:

  1. Looks even better when you see it in person :)
    Great job with this Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews