Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trying something new

I'm trying to find my own "style" of art journaling--should it be painting/drawing, paper piecing, collage, arty or something else. This is all so new to me that I want to find so many different styles to see what is really "me". 

A couple weeks ago I discovered a totally different kind of art journaling & it's so much fun!! I don't know if I want it to be my main type of art journaling but I certainly enjoyed it.
There are some awesome series of videos by Teesha Moore. She has a really fun collage style that takes a photo from an ad or magazine and starts altering it with the unexpected.

After watching a multitude of the videos, I decided to try my hand at it & this is what I came up with. The man's picture was in a book my friend Marlene found at a used book store--it was full of various industry pictures. This one was in the office section & I loved it because it had a look of frustration with the hand-clenching, facial expression & smoke coming out of his head.


Then I just started making changes to it & came up with this---I love the lettering and colors. And the best part is that there's no wrong way to do it!!  I'd love to hear what YOU think about it---constructive criticism welcome!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this page! your lettering is really good, wish I could do that. You have definitely done this in Teesha's style. I am still experimenting too, it is all about trying things and as you say there is no wrong way to art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! A W E S O M E!!!! I love these journal pages. I am def going to have to check out those vid's...I am going to be laid up for the next few days so what a great time to do it.
    Thanks for posting your pages and the info on the vid's.
    Talk to you soon
    x0xox
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews