Saturday, July 23, 2011

Where has the time gone???

Someone told me today that it had been awhile since I updated my blog....and they were right! I've had several projects completed lately--even taken photos but just haven't had a chance to get them out there. Sure wish there were more hours in the day......

I'm gonna work backword and start with my latest project---a pillow! Now I haven't sewn since junior high a hundred years ago......  I made a skirt with an elastic waistband an a pocket. Ugliest thing I ever saw but that's what the home ec teacher made us do (do they still call it home ec??).  So when I saw Julie Fei Fan Balzer's "It's Sew Easy" course online, I knew I had to do it! Found a great, simple machine at Walmart.com for only $80 & free shipping which made it perfect!  The pillow is just lots of strips of material pieced together but I love it!! It has a flap on the backside to take the pillow form in & out so the cover can be washed.



Before this project, I was putting together some old kits & I made this one from 2009 (how could it have been that long?). This was taught by Wendy Vecchi of Studio 490 stamps. I love her style so I had to finish this as a treat to myself.



I've also had some time to work in my art journals. This is just one of the pages I have done lately which I love. It was actually started with a background to try out an itty bitty rolling pin with fun foam glued on in lines. Since then I've made a couple other rolling pins---which will show up sometime soon here.  Then I loved this picture out of a magazine..... so they just had to go together.





So that's what I've been up to........how about you????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews